Audio CD (May 25, 2004)
Artist: Renee Olstead
Album: Renee Olstead (Selftitled)
Original Release Date: May 25, 2004
Number of Discs: 1
Label: Reprise / Warner Bros Records
Producer: David Foster and Humberto Gatica
Ratings: 5 out of 5
This multitalent girl is really amazing. Rebecca Renee Olstead was born in Houston, Texas, USA on June 18, 1989. She has started her career in movie and commercial since 8 year old. Her singing talent, however, was found by David Foster, and became the producer of this album, her debut album as a professional singer,when she was just 15 years old.
Even in that young age, she has an unbelievable voice. Her sultry, jazzy bluesy voice delivered classic songs from the great American songbook in perfection. It’s hard to believe that such a voice came from a teenage girl who was still in high school.
With her amazing voice that has been compared to Patsy Cline, Ella Fitzgerald or Billie Holiday, given a set of well known and classic songs, plus A Love That Will Last, a song written by David Foster and Linda Thompson, she made this album a classic too, something that you will keep on playing over and over again and never get bored. She brought the well known songs to a new life, some even better than the originals. Listen to Neil Sadaka’s Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, for example, it’s just fantastic. There are also guest stars in this album such as Peter Cincotti, Chris Botti, Brian Bromberg and many others.
One of the most lovely voice in music world in my opinion. You’ll love this album dearly, you’ll sing along with her through all tracks, and yes, it will be your all time fav. Really recommended.
1. “Summertime” (Gershwin, Gershwin, Heyward) – 4:12
2. “Taking a Chance on Love” (Duke, Fetter, Latouche) – 3:31
3. “Is You Is or Is You Ain’t My Baby” (Austin, Jordan) – 3:20
4. “Someone to Watch Over Me” (Gershwin, Gershwin) – 4:26
5. “Breaking Up Is Hard to Do” (Greenfield, Sadaka) – 4:11
6. “A Love That Will Last” (Foster, Thompson) – 3:32
7. “Meet Me, Midnight” (Manilow, Sussman) – 2:56
8. “Sunday Kind of Love” (Belle, Nye, Prima, Rhodes) – 4:34
9. “On a Slow Boat to China” (Loesser) – 3:16
10. “What a Diff’rence a Day Makes” (Adams, Grever) – 3:27
11. “Midnight at the Oasis” (Nichtern) – 3:21
12. “Sentimental Journey” (Brown, Green, Homer) – 3:32
Get the album here